Rachel's Best Chili Ever
By my friend Rachel Sims.
- 1.5 Lbs 86% Ground Chuck Beef
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1/2 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/8 cups Red Wine Vinegar
- 11.5 oz can V8 Juice
- 15 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- Brown ground beef and red onion, season to taste.
- Add all other ingredients to pot.
- Cook until flavors come through.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and crackers.
- Don’t need to use two different colors of onion.
- In place of red wine vinegar and V8, can just use flavored/spiced canned tomato sauce.
- Add as much or as little tomato sauce, diced tomatoes as you prefer. Canned crushed tomatoes also work well.
- I highly suggest adding in either kidney beans and/or black beans. Beans in chili are great!