Thai Green Curry Chicken - Instant Pot
Not sure where I got this recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 ounce can coconut milk, shaken
- 1 medium yellow or red sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup Thai green chile paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted and salted cashews
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 lime wedges
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
Select SAUTE on the Instant Pot and adjust to NORMAL. Add oil to pot. When oil is hot, add shallot, ginger, and pepper. Cook and stir until aromatics are slightly wilted for about 2 minutes. Add chicken to pot. Season with salt. Cook and stir just until no longer pink for about 3 minutes. Press CANCEL.
Add coconut milk and chile paste to pot. Stir until combined. Stir in carrots, green beans, and sweet pepper. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve.
Select MANUAL and cook at high pressure for 4 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a quick release to depressurize.
Serve over hot cooked jasmine rice with lime wedges for squeezing. Top with cilantro, basil, and cashews.
👉 Place chicken breast in freezer for 30 minutes prior to slicing to cut thin, evenly sized pieces.