Favorite of Allison :) Source.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp each – chili powder and cumin
- 1 tsp each – turmeric and garam masala
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Dash of each: cinnamon and cayenne (to taste)
- 2 1/4 oz cans chickpeas
- 2 1/4 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
Optional Bowl Add-ins
- Mint, Parsley, Cilantro
- Yogurt Or Hummus
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Toasted Pita Wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; saute until soft. Add the garlic, spices, salt, and chickpeas – stir until very fragrant. Add the tomatoes (undrained) and simmer for 20 minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
- Chop the cucumber, cook the couscous, and mince the herbs. Arrange bowls with desired amounts of all ingredients. Voila!
- These are also very delicious as burritos.