You’ll need a popover
- 2 large eggs
at room temperature
- 1 cup milk at room temperature (I used whole milk)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter at room temperature
- Whisk milk and eggs together.
- Use ⅓-cup scoops to mix in flour gradually.
- Add salt and butter.
- Whisk away until you get a nice, creamy consistency
- No lumps. Use a blender if necessary. The batter should be able to
escape a cloth sieve.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Scoop 1 tbsp butter into each popover cup.
- Once oven’s hot, heat pan for 5 minutes. Butter should have browned
at least a little.
- Remove, fill each cup a third up with batter.
- Return to oven, bake for 20 minutes
- No peeking! Seriously.
- After 20 minutes, reduce temperature to 350F
- Bake for another 15-17 minutes
Stuff face with resulting awesomeness immediately. Have friends
available. They taste like shit when microwaved/heated later (even when
stored in ziploc.)